Georgia Dive Flags
Rules for GA divers and boaters
On August 24, 2011, Julie from DiveWise drew our attention to the following excerpt from the Handbook of Georgia Boating Laws and Responsibilities:
- Scuba divers or snorkelers must display a diver-down flag that marks the diving area.
- Vessels must remain at least 100 feet away from the person in the water.
- Two types of flags are used to indicate diving activity.
- Divers Flag. Rectangular red flag with white diagonal stripe. A rectangular red flag, at least 15" x 15", with a white diagonal stripe is required on state waters.
- Alfa Flag. Blue and white vertically striped flag. A blue and white International Code Flag A (or Alfa flag) is required on vessels on federally controlled waters.
chris-(@)-interesting.com (remove the hyphens and parentheses)
P.S. The information above was as complete and up-to-date at the time as I could make it. It should not be construed as providing legal advice. You should conduct your own legal research or contact an attorney.